Wednesday, May 31, 2006

And some more ... Shantaram

As i made my way through this book, there are so many quotes I want to share.. so bear with me =)

"This is India, man. This is India. This is the land of the heart. Thisis where the heart is king, man. The bleep heart. That's why you're free. ...... Two hundred bleep languages, and a billion people. India is the heart. Its the heart that keeps us together. There's no place with people like my people Lin. There's no heart like the Indian heart."
....
Yea it isnt pathbreaking the quote, but I guess in the context it was touching. But I cant share the context or the full quote at the risk of giving it all away. =(

6 comments:

starry said...

I cant say what book you are referring to But I think "ndia is the heart. Its the heart that keeps us together. There's no place with people like my people Lin. There's no heart like the Indian heart." Is true.

Nabeel said...

ohh shantaram is awesome .. Johnny Depp bought rights for this book .. i.e. rights to film it .. am soo looking forward to see the movie ..

Aditi said...

@ starry nights
I am referring to Shantaram.

@ nabeel
Yes I heard about that. The thing is, its a 900odd page book. I dont see how they are going to compress all that in a movie.

Dadoji said...

Interesting.

Nautilus said...

Amazing book...totally unputdownable...yet it left a bit of empty space in me! What 'bout you?

Aditi said...

@ dadoji
thanks for stopping by

@nautilus
I havent finished it.. nearly 2/3rd done but not done yet

@weedwanderer
I would but I am afraid you give out something I havent read yet. So I will in a week or two once i am finished
=)